The Silicon Labs Z-Wave 700 Modem SoC, EFR32ZG14, is a ideal solution for gateways and controllers in smart home applications such as smart home gateways, smart speakers, set top boxes, USB sticks and more.
The single-die solution provides industry-leading low-power Gecko technology. The EFR32ZG14 features excellent radio sensitivity, improving the range of the Z-Wave mesh network.
EFR32ZG14 applications include Z-Wave controllers and gateways for:
- Smart Homes
- Health and Wellness
- Building Automation
This modem SoC part is suitable for Z-Wave controllers and gateways only, and cannot be used for end-devices.
The EFR32ZG14 highlighted features are listed below:
Low Power Wireless System-On-Chip:
- High Performance 32-bit 39 MHz ARM Cortex®-M4 with DSP instructions and floating-point unit for efficient signal processing.
- Sub-GHz radio operation
- Transmit power: Up to 14 dBm
Low Energy Consumption:
- 10.2 mA active radio RX current
- 10.1 mA idle / listening radio RX current
- 43.8 mA active radio TX current at 14 dBm output power
- 38.8 mA active radio TX current at 13 dBm output power
- 12.9 mA active radio TX current at 0 dBm output power
- USB-compliant in low-power suspend mode
High Receiver Performance:
- -98.6 dBm sensitivity at 100 kbit/s GFSK, 868 MHz
- -98.8 dBm sensitivity at 100 kbit/s GFSK, 915 MHz
- -106 dBm sensitivity at 100 kbit/s DSSS O-QPSK, 912 MHz
Supported Modulation Formats:
- 2 (G)FSK with fully configurable shaping
- DSSS O-QPSK
- Z-Wave Long Range
Selection of MCU peripherals:
- 9 Dedicated GPIO’s for: UART communication, suspend mode operation, PTI interface, Serial Wire Debug, and optional SAW filter selection.
- Built-in supply monitor
- UART serial interface
- PTI interface
Wide Operating Range:
*1.8 to 3.8 V single power supply with integrated DC-DC
- -40 °C to 85 °C
QFN32 5X5 mm Package
|Chip||Protocol Stack||Frequency Band @ Max TX Power||Flash (kB)||RAM (kB)||GPIO||Package|
|T-EFR32ZG14P231F256GM32-B||Z-Wave||Sub-GHz @ 14 dBm||256||32||9||QRFN32|
For additional information and to download the complete Data Sheet for the Z-Wave 700 Modem SoC, please click here.